Last week the California Department of Developmental Services confirmed that family caregivers, direct support staff, and certain regional center employees are eligible for phase 1A vaccine prioritization. These letters can be helpful for families, service providers, and regional centers in access to phase 1A vaccines if encountering challenges at the county level.
The purpose of this letter is to clarify that family members of certain people are “health care workers” pursuant to the State of California’s Vaccination Plan and thus are prioritized for COVID-19 vaccination within Phase 1A.
The purpose of this letter is to clarify that these providers’ employees who provide direct care, in-home-support and other health and developmental services are “health care workers” pursuant to the State of California’s Vaccination Plan, and thus are prioritized for COVID-19 vaccination within Phase 1A.
These contracted service providers include, but are not limited to:
- Intermediate care facilities for persons who need non-continuous nursing supervision and supportive care
- Other licensed adult residential facilities
- Congregate living health facilities
- Home health care and in-home supportive services
- Community health workers, including promotoras
- Supported living and independent living services providers
- Family home agencies and their subcontractors
- Other in-home service providers, including individuals such as respite workers, clinical staff, applied behavioral analysis providers, staff providing independent living skills training, and staff providing Early Start services