Thank you for exploring opportunities to work with The Arc of California – one of the largest and oldest nonprofits advocating on behalf of Californians with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Join our team! The Arc of California, the state’s oldest and largest advocacy organization for people with developmental disabilities, has a new job opening for candidates who are passionate about doing meaningful work that helps empower and improve the quality of life of people with disabilities, their families, and the workforce.
Do you have a passion to support Californians with intellectual and developmental disabilities? Do you want to be at the forefront of the movement fighting for civil rights and equity for the Spanish-speaking disability community? Are you bilingual in Spanish and English? Are you proficient in online technology? Are you able to coordinate multiple tasks at the same time? If so, then please consider applying to join our team.
- BILINGUAL ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
Job-Type: Full-time; Regular
Location: Option of fully remote (within California only), or Hybrid with space in our Sacramento office.
Travel: The position will require up to 10% time traveling within California.
Salary Range: $47,000 – 57,000 annually, based on experience.
Excellent Benefits: 5% 401K employer contribution; 100% health and dental for employee and legal dependents; 16 paid holidays (including the last week of December); 10 days Paid Time Off (PTO) for new employees and 20 days PTO after two years of employment; tuition/continuing education reimbursement up to $2000 per year; sick leave; long-term disability insurance.
The Arc of California promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
We are hiring an Administrative Coordinator to support critical projects and programs and coordinate administrative and advocacy functions. Current areas this position would support are:
- Communications and outreach, including weekly Monday Morning Memo and coordination of the grassroots community, as well as outreach to the Spanish-speaking disability community as part of El Arc de California.
- Annual public policy conference event planning.
- Office technology support, including Google suite, Dropbox, and Microsoft 365 products.
The Administrative Coordinator’s objectives are:
- Manage projects, as assigned, so that they successfully meet desired outcomes and are accomplished efficiently and within timeline.
- Support effective outreach strategies to educate and partner with the broad I/DD community, including key stakeholders, to advance the mission of The Arc CA.
- Strengthen relationships with stakeholders, advocacy partners, community influencers, and state policy makers by ensuring that The Arc CA’s communications, messaging, and methods embody our reputation for leadership and collaborative advocacy.
- Work with The Arc CA staff as a valuable team member and facilitate a positive working environment.
Scope of Work
Working under the guidance of The Arc of California’s Executive Director, Director of Programs and Outreach, and Director of Public Policy, the Administrative Coordinator will:
- Develop an understanding of the assigned projects and quickly initiate activities to accomplish deliverables.
- Maintain consistent communication with Directors and stakeholders with updates on progress and challenges.
- Event planning, including complex coordination of annual conference, Board meetings including hotel and travel coordination, and other events as needed.
- Administrative functions to support office personnel and efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Is bilingual – written and spoken – in both English and Spanish (required).
- Is a technology native and s highly efficient with online apps such as Google Drive, and can quickly learn new apps used by the team (required).
- Has familiarity with the available services and supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Is a proven self-starter.
- Is comfortable asking for help when needed.
If you require an accommodation due to a disability to complete this application or need assistance submitting the application then please call our office at (916) 552-6619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO APPLY, please email your resume and cover letter to Kelli@thearcca.org.
***For any other questions, please email Kelli@thearcca.org:
Click HERE to download the job description