California attendees at The Arc National Convention strengthen their network and commitment.
This last week The Arc family from around the country gathered in San Diego to learn, be inspired, and build community. The convention’s agenda included best-practices seminars, policy information, and the self-advocacy symposium. Some of the highlights included:
The Arc’s Catalyst Award Winners
- Corporate Advocate of the Year – Apple
- Self-Advocate of the Year – Lois Curtis
- Television Show of the Year -Speechless, Scott Silveri, 20th Century Fox Television, ABC, and the lead cast of the show
- Legal Advocate of the Year -Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom, LLP
The Inclusion Agenda – How Media, Fashion & Corporations are Supporting Inclusion
- Founder and President of Changing the Face of Beauty (nonprofit)
- Jamie Brewer, actress and advocate (film)
- Jonathan Murray, Producer and Creator of “Born This Way” (t.v.)
- Jeff Blade, CEO of Matilda Jane Clothing (fashion)
The Future of Wellbeing – Inspiring the Next Generation of Disability Advocates, with Deepak Chopra
The Arc of California congratulates all of the staff and volunteers for a hugely successful convention!