Dear Partners and Community Members,
The Department of Rehabilitation is seeking applications and nominations for its Assistive Technology Advisory Council (ATAC). Members of the ATAC provide an important voice regarding issues related to access and acquisition of assistive technology, in addition to recommending ways to improve assistive technology services in California.
The ATAC consists of a diverse membership interested in, and representative of, Californians who are persons with disabilities who use assistive technology, or are family members of persons with disabilities who use assistive technology.
There are multiple ATAC consumer vacancies. This recruitment strives to select individuals representing the following populations of people who utilize assistive technology:
- Blind and visually impaired
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Developmental disabilities
- Physical disabilities
- Other disabilities
- Representative of people aged 60 and older
- Representative of people aged 14 to 23
- Representative of a person with a disability, such as a family member or guardian of a person with a disability, who uses assistive technology